Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gustave Is Coming

I thought you might find it interesting to read a sting of emails that Pop sent over the last few days.
George

***************************************************************
Since it has become traditional for my brother to give me hurricanes for my birthday I am preparing for this years gifts.

Right now the plans are for Hugh, Rusty and I to ride Gustave out here. It's too early to tell about Hanna and her little sister yet.

Last time (Katrina) the number of cursing bands of looters in vans and trucks were prominent enough around here to make it seem like a good idea to be around (and preferably armed). We will be doing it again this time.

It looks like Gustave might just come up the gulf and hit slightly west of us, but it is a hurricane and therefore not totally predictable.

All the same we will try to keep you informed and up too date as much as possible.

Just in case, my cell phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. The house number is XXX-XXX-XXXX.

If the electricity is out the chances are that both of these numbers will be out also but what they heck, it never hurts to try them anyway.

Here we go............cross your fingers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


.....